Tuesday, November 09, 2004

So Many Blessings

Some days, some weeks it seems that God is not listening to my prayers, let alone answering them. And then there are days and weeks where, out of the silence, He bursts forth with such activity and so many answers that there's no doubting that He is God, Ruler and Master of everything.

The past few weeks have been incredible, blessing-filled weeks where God was so evident. I could see His hand as clearly as my own. I'll share a few examples. A friendship that I had more or less given up for dead, buried and mourned over, was miraculously revived. (I say miraculously because it involved overcoming a lot of my own selfish pride, something that I could not do on my own!) This was something that I'd prayed over for many months, cried out to God for reconciliation, and yet I was so stunned when it actually happened. It was truly God at work.

Other examples abound. As I've lived by a stricter budget lately, God has provided for me financially and materially in truly unexpected ways. Work projects that were under deadlines were finished thanks to God's provision. I received a gorgeous bouquet of flowers sent by dear friends who were prompted by God to encourage me.

I could go on and on, but you get the picture. I'm trying to record these blessings in my journal to remind me of how providential God is. I know times will come where it seems like I'm going through a blessings drought, and Satan will try to convince me that God isn't listening or doesn't care about my needs and desires.

I'm reminded of Eph. 3:20-21: "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

Sometimes during those "blessings droughts" I think of those verses and believe that God CAN do more than we ask or imagine, but doubt whether He WILL do that for me. I thank Him that He DOES long to bless me, even when Satan tries to convince me otherwise. Some blessings are more evident than others.

Thank God that His love and faithfulness to me is not dependent on mine for Him. These blessing-filled weeks have strengthened my views of His abundant love for me, although I know I've only scratched the surface of that love.

No comments: