Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Thanksgiving

Is there a better feeling this time of year than knowing that all your Christmas shopping is DONE??? No more fighting the crowds (except in traffic on your way home from work), no more trying to find the "perfect" gift, no more whipping out the debit card at lightning speed.

In addition to being thankful for no more shopping, this Christmas I'm especially thankful for:
-Getting to spend time with my family and my boyfriend and his family this weekend
-Amazon.com (and other online shopping venues--PRAISE GOD for free shipping!!!)
-Seeing Christmas through the eyes of my four year-old niece
-Remembering that I'd bought Christmas cards on sale after Christmas 2004 so I didn't have to pay full price for new ones this year
-Receiving a VERY generous year-end bonus at work
-Knowing that Friday will be a short workday (woohoo!)
-"A Christmas Story" 24-hour Christmas Eve marathon on TBS
-Looking at Christmas lights (some tasteful, some delightfully tacky)

Of course, I'm MOST grateful for the true meaning of Christmas--Emmanuel, "God with us". Merry Christmas to all of you!

1 comment:

Donna G said...

It is a relief and somewhat of a let down to finish my shopping. I think I am addicted to the adreneline rush of last minute chores.

I too am scooting out of here early today!

Have a Very Merry Christmas!