Wednesday, March 07, 2007

More on Surrendering

Thanks to everyone who so thoughtfully shared their wisdom and insight in commenting on my previous post about surrendering. You all have definitely given me a lot of food for thought. I will share those thoughts soon, but right now my brain and body are winding down, so let me leave you with these brief thoughts.

I started reading a book by Nancy Leigh DeMoss called (how appropriate) Surrender: The Heart God Controls. Today I read the following quote, attributed to Andrew Murray:

"If there is anything holding you back, or any sacrifice you are afraid of making, come to God and prove how gracious your God is. Never be afraid tht He will command from you what He will not bestow! God comes and offers to work this absolute surrender in you." (pg. 102)

I suppose that I've forgotten that God will not call me to do anything--including surrendering my will and desires to Him--that He does not equip me to do. Of course I cannot give up these desires on my own; it is only by God's Spirit at work in me that I can accomplish this.

That definitely brings me comfort--how about you?

1 comment:

Donna G said...

Gets me through the days and the nights...