Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Increasing Sensitivity

As I've started this new study on personal revival this week, I feel that I am entering a time of transformation. One of the requests that I've added to my prayers is that God would make me increasingly sensitive to His leading.

Too often I have preconceived notions about what I think I should do when God may have something in mind altogether different. I want to lay aside my ideas--no matter how good I think they are--and trust Him especially in those times when His leading doesn't seem to make sense.

Part of that increasing sensitivity is an increasing awareness of my sinful nature. In the past couple of days I've been convicted in particular about being critical and not being generous. Ouch. This transformation business is not always comfortable. And I fully expect that as I depend more and more on God's leading, He'll continue to work at whittling away the rough edges of my heart.

No comments: