Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday



I love to shop. Like most women, I was born with the shopping gene. And like most women, I especially love a good bargain, whether it's on a pair of shoes or a pair of apples.

However, I do NOT like to shop at 5 a.m. the morning after Thanksgiving. I can't imagine having a desire to shop so badly that I'd drag myself of my cozy warm bed before daybreak, stand in line in the cold while waiting for a store to open, and risk life and limb (see picture above) all in the name of a bargain. To me, it's just not worth the potential maiming.

I did venture out to a few stores this afternoon, well after the early morning madness, and I did pick up a couple of gifts. If you're one of the bargain-crazy shoppers who actually enjoy hitting the stores at dawn on Black Friday, hey, more power to you. I hope you made it home in one piece.

I have a suggestion for Mark Burnett--when contemplating a locale for the next season of "Survivor", why not consider a Best Buy at 4 a.m. on Black Friday?

No comments: