Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Fill-in-the-Blanks-Giving


I have to go to work today, but I really don't mind. It's not so bad working the day before a holiday. The phone's usually silent, everyone's in a festive mood, lunch will be brought in for those of us who didn't take today off, and there's a chance that we'll get to leave early--although I'm not holding my breath.

In honor of the scrumptious meals that we'll be devouring for Thanksgiving, I thought it would be fun to ask about your favorite Turkey Day dish. For me, Thanksgiving is all about the side dishes--of course, I'll eat a little turkey, but I'd rather fill up on all the sides. My top two are probably stuffing and sweet potato casserole, both of which I'll bringing (along with dessert) to my family's Thanksgiving feast.

Now it's your turn to fill in the blank: It wouldn't be a Thanksgiving meal without _____________.

5 comments:

Rhonda K said...

my mom's dressing (stuffing)

Donna G said...

dressing with cranberry sauce...too heavy to eat everyday..but it IS Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

I'm all about the sweet potato casserole, too, along with the squash. But, a big plate of all the leftovers for supper is mighty yummy, too.

Colette said...

Sounds kinda odd, but Scalloped Corn. Similar to Scalloped Potatoes, but minus potatoes and add corn! It's yum, yum, yum. I made it for my friends today and it was a hit!

Tara said...

The sweet potato casserole, hands down. But it has to be the kind with pecans and brown sugar...no marshmellows for this dish. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.