Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy 38th!

Thirty-eight years ago today (if I'm doing my math correctly), my parents married. The older I get, and the more I see marriages around me crumble, the more impressive that statistic is.

I imagine that this anniversary is particularly special to my parents considering that back in October, my mom suffered from a life-threatening brain aneurysm and had brain surgery. She is recovering remarkably well, praise God, and is back to work and driving again, and her hair has almost completely covered her scar!

I am extremely thankful to have grown up in a loving Christian home with parents who truly love each other and model sacrificial love. I don't know if God has marriage in store for me or not, but I know that He's given me many great examples of marriage to learn from, including my parents'.

Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. Marriage is not an easy way to go! Thanks for setting the good example for Lisa and the rest of us!

Tara said...

Tell your parents Happy Anniversary!

There is not a night that goes by that I don't thank God for the family I was blessed with. So many of the people around me were not fortunate enough to have two parents that loved them enough to stay together and be a Christ-centered home. Anytime a couple reaches this milestone it is so refreshing to see.

Hope you are looking forward to a great New Year!