Sunday, January 06, 2008

Live Simply, Love Deeply

Over the past couple of days I've been kicking around a couple of phrases in my mind: Live simply, love deeply.

While John 10:10 is my self-proclaimed "life verse", I think these phrases will be added words to live by, and I think they are key to living "life to the full".

It's very easy for me to get focused on a complicated lifestyle at the expense of neglecting relationships. I want my relationships--with God, first and foremost, and with family and friends--to be the main focus of my life, and the other stuff of life--work, house, car, finances, etc.--to fall in after that.

Perhaps I will write out "Live simply, love deeply" on a piece of paper and tape it to my computer monitor so I can daily be reminded of these words. I may put in standing orders to have them etched into my tombstone. Maybe I'll have them printed on a t-shirt or, better yet, trademark it and print it on those stretchy rubber bracelets (take that, Lance Armstrong!). Seriously, I find myself being drawn by God to search out ways to simplify my life while strengthening my relationships.

No comments: