Thursday, December 10, 2009

Camp Stew Recipe, Revisited

Most of my blog entries are about spiritual matters, but surprisingly enough one of my most-viewed entries is the recipe I posted a couple of years ago for camp stew. I'm a sucker for just about any recipe with "easy" in the title; throw in "crockpot" as well and I'm sold.

Now, some may argue that it's cheating to use all canned ingredients, but I would argue that you just have to look at the title to figure out that this is a version better suited for someone who may not have a lot of time on their hands but who nevertheless has a craving for some stick-to-your-ribs goodness.

If you can master the art of wielding a can opener, dumping out the contents into a crockpot and turning said crockpot on, then you can handle this recipe. Best of all, because all of the ingredients are canned, you can keep them in the pantry until the mood strikes; I highly recommend making it on a cold, rainy, blustery day. There's nothing like coming home to the scent of camp stew wafting through your house and the joy of knowing that your dinner is already made, woo hoo!

Easy Crockpot Camp Stew

Ingredients:
-1 can crushed tomatoes
-1 can creamed corn
-1 can each of barbecue pork, chicken and beef (I use Castleberry's brand)
-1 can potatoes
-1 can beans (I usually use pinto or ranch beans)

Combine all in crock pot and simmer on low 6-8 hours.

Voila! (See, I told you it was easy.)

For more recipes, visit The Grocery Cart Challenge's recipe swap.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I saw this last year when you posted it, but didn't write it down and forgot where I saw it. Sounds yummy!

Lisa said...

You're welcome, Tara. Hope you like it!