Friday, January 28, 2011

One Hundred Verses


For a while now I've wanted to create a perpetual flip calendar of Bible verses to display on my desk at work. After a few fruitless searches for spiral bound index cards that weren't neon-colored, I finally found some tonight, so I can work on the calendar this weekend.

There are fifty cards, and I'm planning to write two verses per card (one per side), so that means I need a total of one hundred Bible verses. There are certainly a lot of verses that have been helpful to me at various times in my life so I don't think it will take long to fill up all the cards.

Here's where you come in. I'd love to include some of your favorite Scripture as well. What verses encourage you, challenge you, strengthen you, comfort you? Please list one (or more) of your favorite verses that I can include in my calendar.

It's always interesting to see how different verses impact different people. I'd also love to hear why that particular Scripture is so meaningful to you. Thank you in advance for your input!

2 comments:

Donna G said...

ISAIAH 49:16
See I have written your name on the palms of my hands.

Romans 8:37
No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.


Galatians 5:1
So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law.

Deb said...

"Pray to the Lord, and He will hear you. He will save you from all your troubles. The Lord is close to those who have suffered disappointment. He saves those who are discouraged. Good people might have many problems, but the Lord will take them all away." Psm. 34:17-19 I know some of my problems won't be taken away until I go HOME.