Monday, April 18, 2011

In a Rut

I'm feeling a bit restless lately. I'm craving some change--good change, mind you--I'm just not sure what I want.

Perhaps it's time to get back into a small group Bible study. It's been about a month or so since the study I was in concluded, so I'm feeling a desire to dive into one once again, perhaps even at another church to really change things up.

Or maybe I should find a continuing education class to take, just for the fun of it. Or discover a writers' group to join. Or get involved with some sort of community service project or ministry.

I'm ready for my horizons to be broadened, to meet new people. It's all too easy to stick to the familiar (and comfortable) routine of getting up, going to work, coming home, vegging out in front of the TV, and going to bed. But I'm really tired of having no response whenever someone asks me "What's new with you?" I don't want my life to revolve around reality TV; I need a new reality of my own.

So I'm praying for some new opportunities and new people to come into my life. (I know--be careful what you pray for!) I want to stay available for whatever purpose God has for me right now, whether it's something big like moving to a new city or something small like trying out a new Bible study group.

Is anyone else struggling with feeling like you're in a rut? How do you break out of it?

No comments: