Wednesday, July 06, 2011

A Little Summer Reading


Just Finished


I've been on a bit of a French kick lately, reading several autobiographies of Americans living in Paris. (Hmmm, wonder if that's a sign of things to come?) I greatly enjoyed Julia Child's memoir of her transition from government work to cookbook author and television star while dividing time between the U.S. and France.



Now Reading

Having completed a couple of Kelly Minter's Bible studies, I was eager to read her latest book. I enjoy her down-to-Earth approach and humility; I appreciate her openness about her own struggles to adapt to the character of Christ. I'm trying to read through the various attributes slowly and not rush through them. Developing these characteristics is certainly a lifelong process and I have a feeling this is one of those books that I'll read through multiple times.



Next in the Lineup


The first Donald Miller book that I read was Searching for God Knows What. Loved it. I was a bit underwhelmed by Blue Like Jazz; I know it was on many Christian "must read" lists but to me, it just didn't live up to the hype. However, I did enjoy Through Painted Deserts, and have been eager to read this one ever since it came out.

So, read any good books lately?


No comments: