Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cheap Thrills

• This past Saturday I made a trip to the public library. The one closest to my house happens to be the one we frequented most during my childhood, and there is something oddly comforting about going to a place that is so familiar. Granted, there are a few changes--such as more computers (no more card catalog!) and books have been somewhat rearranged--but for the most part, it still looks the same. I came home with a nice big stack of books--a mystery, some "chick lit", and a couple of biographies. The hardest part is always deciding which one to read first; the second hardest part is getting as many read as I can before they're due back to the library.

• This weekend I also made a couple of favorite recipes that I originally found on Pinterest, both using canned pumpkin. Both recipes were quick, easy and relatively inexpensive (yay!). One was for this pumpkin spice syrup for Starbucks-knockoff pumpkin spice lattes, and the other was for iced pumpkin cookies, although I "healthified" mine by skipping the icing. Hey, adding pumpkin makes it health food, right?

• Speaking of Starbucks, they are having a Buy One Get One Free special on their holiday drinks November 17-20 from 2-5 p.m. If you're in my neck of the woods and need a buddy to go with you to take advantage of this special, give me a call. I'm sure I can come up with an excuse for leaving the office in the middle of the afternoon...


No comments: