Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Random Acts of Fall

Ever have a zillion different little thoughts and discoveries but not enough cohesive material to cobble together what you deem to be a brilliant blogpost? This is my own little hodgepodge of late, for better or for worse.

• Fall is my favorite season of the year. Perhaps living in the Deep South where we have approximately three and a half weeks of beautiful fall weather sandwiched between blistering heat and bitter cold (to us, anyway) has made me appreciate this brief taste of Heaven while it lasts. I am SO ready for genuine fall weather, ready to wear layered sweaters and enjoy my pumpkin spice latte (I just have a hard time getting into the PSL spirit when it's 85 degrees outside). The forecast is calling for cooler (as in in the mid-70s) temps later this week and into next so maybe fall weather is finally, FINALLY heading our way.

• In the meantime, I have discovered the most wonderfully scented candle to make my home smell all warm and yummy. It's the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles candle from Bath & Body Works. I bought a big three-wick candle a few weeks ago when they were on sale and loved it so much that I went back and bought a mini candle in the same scent for my bathroom. Even after I blow out the candle it still gives off a delicious aroma.  I wish I could adequately describe it to you or have a scratch-and-sniff screen, but just take my word for it--it is heavenly. {Word of warning--it will make you crave waffles.}

• One of the highlights of fall for me is the new fall TV lineup. It's been a long time since I've consistently watched a scripted drama on the ol' peacock network (or any network that isn't AMC or PBS, for that matter), but they've reeled me back in with their new Monday night show, "The Blacklist". Is anyone else watching it? 

James Spader walks a fine line between being a humorous and caring person and being just all out creepy. It's a very Hannibal Lecter-esque vibe, and his relational dynamic with the criminal profiler he's working with is quite similar to Lecter's relationship with Clarice Starling. So far I'm really enjoying it more than I thought I would; sometimes it pays to keep expectations on the low side. 


No comments: