Sunday, January 19, 2014

Looking on the Bright Side

Since my last couple of posts have been vents about the frustrations of the past week, I thought it would be healthy to start a new week focusing on the high points of the last few days for a change.

• To go along with my stellar annual review, I got a very nice raise (just in time to start preparing for having a car payment again soon!).

• I survived the first week of boot camp after our three-week break. Although I'd exercised a few times on my own during the break, I certainly don't push myself as much as boot camp does. My calves were a little tight for a couple of days, but I wasn't as sore as I'd anticipated.

• I also started running again this week, and got to start the day yesterday with a just a nearly 6-mile walk downtown with one of my friends.

• I lost a couple of pounds, thanks to stepping up my exercise plus sticking to my non-dessert plan for January. I did deviate from my plan slightly yesterday when I met up with another friend in the afternoon and we ended up sharing dessert (a piece of tiramisu and a cannoli, yum!) at a local Italian eatery. Both desserts were absolutely delicious and I didn't feel too guilty considering I'd gotten in a lot of exercise that morning.

• I got the okay to go to Las Vegas for our annual national convention in a couple of weeks. The Las Vegas trip is always a fun one. I'm not a gambler (I might play at most twenty bucks in the slots) but there are plenty of other interesting things to see and do there in between my meetings.

• Another bright side: earlier in the week I received a jury summons (boo) for the week after the Vegas trip, which is also the week before our big winter conference. I contacted the court and pled my case about needing to be at work that particular week, and got a surprisingly quick reply agreeing to reschedule my jury duty for May. I'm not thrilled with the prospect of jury duty (as this will be my fourth or fifth time to be called, if I remember correctly) but at least I don't have to stress over being away from the office at a crucial time.

• In TV-related bright sides, he returned to give me something to look forward to on Mondays,



and at least I'm not her.





No comments: