Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Gimme a Break

Today was one of those days where things did not go according to {my} plan. For starters, I've had a clogged kitchen sink the past couple of days. I tried Drano, plunging it, etc. to no avail, and finally called in a professional. Thankfully, the plumber was available to come a little before 9 this morning, so rather than go to work and have to turn right around and come back to meet him, I just stayed and waited for his arrival. He did arrive on time, but the clog took much longer to eliminate than anticipated. {Helpful hint for any house hunters: When you buy a house that's, say, 60-plus years old with cast iron pipes, expect those pipes to build up some corrosion over time. And expect unclogging said pipes to take more time and effort than you think.}

On the plus side, in the process of unclogging the sink, the plumber discovered a small leak and was able to fix it, so at least I didn't have to pay for an additional service fee. I finally made it in to work but pretty much felt like I was running behind all day.

By the end of the day, I was beat, and was debating whether or not to go to my Wednesday night Bible study. We are currently studying Beth Moore's James: Mercy Triumphswhich I am really enjoying, and Wednesday nights have become a highlight of the week for me. However, knowing that tonight we'd be watching Beth's video, I was a little afraid that I'd be on the verge of falling asleep during it. Still, I knew I'd be missing out on a great video and some great fellowship if I didn't go.

I went home after work and got home with time to have eaten a quick bite before driving back across town for church. However, I took a good look at my sweet puppy and ultimately decided to stay in and spend some time with her. Most weekdays I'm able to come home at lunch to let her outside but today (since I'd gone in to work late) I'd brought my lunch and just ate at work. I hate having to leave her home alone all day with no human interaction, so I decided she needed some "mommy time" tonight and that I'd be better off at home with her than rushing around town.

Who can resist this face?

So tonight I'm cutting myself some slack and having a night in. I did spend some time working on some of the homework from this upcoming week's Bible study, and had a couple of "a-ha!" moments during it that I think I needed to discover tonight. And yes, I'm also spending some time playing with my sweet pup. As much as I'd like to be at Bible study tonight, I'm pretty sure right now that I'm exactly where I need to be.


No comments: