Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Changing Seasons

It's November. According to the forecast on weather.com, the high temp today is supposed to be 83 degrees. Eighty-three degrees in November! Having lived in Alabama for most of my life, you'd think I'd be used to seemingly endless summers, but I'm not.

I long for fall. I want to turn off my air conditioning and put on sweaters and walk outside without breaking into a sweat. The calendar says it's fall, but the weather is decidedly summery.

In life, there are times when it seems like the season I'm in will never in. When I feel trapped in some endless routine that will never change.

Thankfully, things are not always as they seem. As we're reminded in Ecclesiastes 3, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:".

So that seemingly perpetual season that I'm in is just temporary. Seasons will eventually change, even here in Alabama.

No comments: