Monday, December 27, 2004

Throwing Up the White Flag

Just when I thought I had things figured out…Something Unexpected happens. Not something bad, necessarily. On the surface, it appears to be a good thing. To be honest, I’m not sure if it’s a blessing or a counterfeit.

I find myself overanalyzing the situation, as I have a tendency to do. I wonder if this is a circumstance engineered by God, or if it’s Satan in disguise, or if it’s just some random thing. I’m not sure if there are ever any random events, so maybe choice #3 is out. But perhaps I’m just reading too much into this, thinking it out WAY too much. Wouldn’t be the first time…

You know that “Be still and know that I am God” passage? I’ve memorized it, but the words have trouble seeping from my brain into my heart at times. Tonight’s one of those nights. My mind wants to run rampant trying to figure out to the nth degree what’s going on and what’s happened and what’s going to happen.

Maybe all that’s happened is God calling me to sit down and shut up for one second and be with Him. Not that He’ll instantly give me answers (the passage says to be still and know that He is God, not be still and He’ll impart to you the fullness of His knowledge and plans for the universe), but maybe it’s time for me to just throw up my hands and surrender in recognition of His omniscience and wisdom that far, far exceed mine.

No comments: