Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Overwhelmed

I'm feeling overwhelmed. There is a lot to do at work, both major and minor projects to complete before I go out of town next week. There's also a lot to do at home, around the house and in the yard, before I start traveling. And there are several evenings over the next week where I have events to attend.

(Quick aside: One can be overwhelmed or underwhelmed, but can you ever be just plain whelmed? But I digress...)

I feel like time is working against me, which is a burdensome feeling. I'm having a hard time letting go of my schedule and plans and turning them over to God. I can lay them down on the altar of sacrifice; unprying my fingers from them, however, is another story. And that's a good way to get burned.

Thankfully, in times like this where I'm feeling overwhelmed with life, God refreshes me. Today's He's using the encouragement of others. My wonderful boyfriend, for instance, let me know that he's praying over all the stresses of my week. I needed to hear that this morning. When I don't feel like I have the mental or physical or emotional energy to utter prayers for myself, God brings other people alongside me to intercede on my behalf.

I'm reminded of Ecclesiastes 4:9-12: "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Thank You, God, for using so many people in my life to strengthen and encourage and defend me when I am too overwhelmed to do it on my own.

2 comments:

Donna G said...

Hope things are better for you. Hey Bo is still hanging in there! Go Bo!!

Anonymous said...

My cup runneth over with . . . . BLOG!

-Pez