Friday, March 31, 2006

Salt or Pepper

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Col. 4:6

Lately I've found myself in a judgmental mood, particularly at work. Whether I'm engaging in gossip, over-using my sarcastic wit, or simply making snap judgments about people and their motives, I fear that my conversation is more often seasoned with pepper than salt.

My catchphrase for today is going to be, Cut people some slack. I have a feeling that I'll have to keep reminding myself of that.

2 comments:

Karen said...

When I was in college, some of us came up with the code phrase, "Pass the salt," as an ever-so-subtle way to alert each other when the conversation was in need of a change of attitude/content. I still use it.

Lisa said...

That's a good one! I'll have to remember that and ask my friends to start using that on me!