Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day


The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters. (Psalm 24:1,2)

Today, April 22, is Earth Day. While I don't consider myself an environmentalist, per se--I'm not a tree hugger, I don't always remember to recycle, if I had kids I'd choose disposable diapers over cloth ones in a heartbeat--I do think that it's good to take time to acknowlege God's creation of and dominion over the Earth, as well as the entire universe.

One of the primary ways I connect with God is through nature. There is something about watching ocean waves pound the surf or viewing majestic mountain peaks rising far above the ground that reminds me that God is in control, and that He created all the beauty around me.

My dad recently sent me a link to a site that has gorgeous pictures of America's national parks. If you've got a few minutes, check it out and catch some glimpses of God's glorious creation.

No comments: