Tuesday, April 22, 2008

On My Mind...

-Sad football news today: Former Alabama star running back Shaun Alexander was released by the Seattle Seahawks. He's been plagued with injuries and recovering from a recent wrist surgery. Hopefully he'll be back to playing form soon and get nabbed by a good team. I'd love to see what he and Peyton Manning could do on the same team, so I'm rooting for the Colts to pick him up.

-I'm not digging this fashion trend of empire-wasted shirts for women. They look like maternity tops. I've seen a few women at church wear them lately, and I wondered if they were pregnant but didn't dare to ask. I'm sure they're comfortable, but I don't want to look pregnant unless I actually am.

-"Hannah Montana" star Miley Cyrus is writing her memoir. The girl is FIFTEEN! The publishing deal is reportedly in the seven figures. For a teenager's memoir. I'm not saying that the girl won't have great wisdom and insight to share despite her tender years, but if there's any doubt about whether or not we glorify youth, here's some proof.

-One of the most ridiculous headlines I've seen recently was the one proclaiming that Martha Stewart's dog had died. Why is this news??? Apparently the dog had appeared several times on her television show; still, why is this news? Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge dog lover. Losing one's beloved pet is never an easy thing. But why this rates a headline on CNN is beyond me.

1 comment:

preacherman said...

Great post.
Great blog.
I am looking forward to reading more and more in the near future.
Keep up the great blogging.
I hope you had a great earth day!
I want you to know that you are welcome anytime at my blog.
In Him,
Kinney Mabry