Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Gifts for Readers

As I've mentioned, oh, a hundred or so times before, I am an avid reader. My nightstand perenially has a stack of books sitting on it waiting to be read (or, in some cases, in the process of being read; I have a bad habit of reading multiple books at once). And like just about everyone else on the planet these days, I've been looking for ways to get new reading material for very cheap.

If you're in need of inexpensive Christmas presents for the bookworm in your life, here are a couple of suggestions:

-PaperbackSwap.com. As I've said in a previous post, this has replaced my beloved Amazon as my go-to place for books. They have a great variety of gently used books in every genre imaginable, all in good condition, and all you pay for is shipping.

-Amazon is currently running its Black Friday magazine sale, with year-long magazine subscriptions selling at just $5 each. The titles available include Cosmopolitan, Food & Wine, House Beautiful, PEOPLE StyleWatch, Popular Science, Real Simple, Smart Money, Sports Illustrated Kids, Southern Living, and Travel + Leisure. This is a great way to give a gift that keeps on giving year-round. Note, however, that the sale ends on December 1.

Happy reading!

No comments: