Wednesday, July 21, 2010

WFMW: Pandora FREE Customizable Internet Radio

works for me wednesday at we are that family

Most mornings as I'm getting ready for work I like to crank up the music, and when I'm not listening to a playlist on itunes I click on Pandora. Pandora is a free internet radio website that allows you to create your own custom stations. Simply type in the name of a particular song or musician, and Pandora will generate a station that only plays songs with similar traits to that song or artist. You can create a station that's based on multiple songs and artists as well.

I love the fact that you can create multiple stations, since I like to listen to different music based on my mood. For instance, I can get my 80s hair-metal band fix on my Bon Jovi station, or if I'm feeling a bit more mellow, i can switch to my Matchbox 20 station. And if the station begins playing a song I don't want to hear, I can skip to the next song. (Note, however, that there are a limited number of skips you can use on one station at a time.)

Best of all, it's free and doesn't require any downloads. One caveat: Pandora can make it hard to get out the door. I can't count how many times I've been about to turn off the computer when Pandora cranks out another great song. So far I haven't been late to work yet as a result, but there have definitely been some close calls. So listen with caution.

That's why Pandora works for me. For more Works for Me Wednesday tips, visit We Are That Family.

No comments: