Thursday, April 19, 2012

Don't Give Up

This has not been a stellar week for me, food and exercise-wise. Far from it, in fact. Most days I've eaten well all day up until after dinner, when I sabotage my healthy eating with an overdose of sweets. And this morning I did not get up and run as I'd planned to do but went back to sleep instead. I feel like a big, gluttonous, lazy failure.

So I'm grateful that God put this verse on my heart this morning:

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (Galatians 6:9)

I think it's a verse I need to meditate upon for a while. I've always thought of it in the context of doing good things for others and for God, but today I'm realizing that it's also in doing good for myself (i.e., my health). If every time I worked out or ate healthy food I saw immediate results then of course I'd be motivated to continue. Sadly, results like that aren't usually immediately seen, so I have to keep on keeping on in faith that there will be good results if I don't give up.


No comments: