Saturday, May 04, 2013

Plan B Saturday

A couple of friends and I had planned to make a little road trip today to a winery about an hour north of here for lunch, tour and wine tasting. This morning, however, it was cold and raining pretty hard--not ideal driving or winery touring weather. We ultimately decided to go to Plan B and meet up for lunch at one of my favorite pizza joints. 


Although we were bummed that our winery plans had fallen through (and of course it stopped raining and the sun came out during lunch), it was also nice to have an unexpectedly unplanned day ahead. After lunch (I had the ever-delicious margherita pizza, with enough left over to enjoy for dinner tonight), I decided to run a few errands that I'd originally planned to run tomorrow after church. Now I'll be able to get to my Sunday afternoon nap that much sooner.

I browsed for quite a while at World Market (surely I am not the only who could probably spend an entire afternoon there, right?) and ended up buying this dainty little necklace



I'd actually been on the lookout for a small, delicate necklace with a short chain for quite a while so I was thrilled to come across this one. It was $9.99, with 25% off, and then I had a coupon for an additional 25% off. Hooray!

Another find today was a new ironing board cover. After nearly 20 years (!) my old cover was finally ripping and it was definitely time for a new one. Surprisingly, Target--which 99% of the time has adorably chic housewares--did NOT, in my opinion, have any chic ironing board covers. But I found one at Ross, where I snagged it for $8.99. Here's hoping it lasts a good 20 years plus.

After knocking out my grocery shopping I made my way to Starbucks just in time for their happy hour so that I could get a half-priced Frappuccino


A grande light mocha Frappuccino, if you must know.

Not sure what the rest of the day has in store for me, but I suspect I'll be curled up on my couch soon with a good book or having a mini-marathon courtesy of Netflix. 

Happy Saturday!

No comments: