Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Seen & Heard: The Holiday Edition

• For the past couple of weeks I've been listening almost exclusively to the Christmas Carols station on Pandora. Surprisingly I'm not sick of hearing "The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies", even though it seems to be every third song they play. After tomorrow, however, I think it will be back to non-Christmas music.

• At some point (most likely several points) over the next day I'll watch my favorite Christmas movie all time, "A Christmas Story."


Thanks to TBS's annual 24-hour marathon, I am sure to catch it throughout tonight and tomorrow. It just wouldn't be Christmas without the leg lamp. Or Flick getting his tongue stuck to the flagpole. Or Santa telling Ralphie, "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" Suddenly I'm craving Chinese food…

• In case you've never seen my SECOND favorite Christmas movie, take a look at this adorable re-enactment of "Elf" starring a bunch of pugs. And even if you've seen the Will Farrell version, you'll still want to check out these cuties.


• Although non-Christmas-related, I can't resist sharing this video of Conan O'Brien visiting the American Girl Doll store in L.A. It's hilarious and a bit creepy.


• As of 11:00 a.m. today, my Christmas vacation officially began, and I won't be back at work until January 2 (hooray for saving vacation time that I have use or lose by year end!). In anticipation of having some time to catch up on reading, I made a trip to the library the other day and was excited to find a copy of Paris: The Novel by Edward Rutherfurd. I read London a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it, so I'd been hoping to be able to read Paris next. Clocking in at 804 pages, I think I have enough reading to keep me occupied until 2014. Or perhaps 2015, if I don't get a move on.

No comments: