Saturday, March 19, 2005

Can You Read Me Now?

The last few days have been frustrating in Bloggerville. I don't know what's going on, but I've had trouble posting and editing blogs and comments. (I know others of you have too so at least it's not just operator error.) Something (some blogging demon, perhaps?) is interfering, and after a while I get so frustrated that I leave my computer in disgust and resign myself to trying again later.

I was thinking this morning about how much "interference" we get from Satan sometimes when we're trying to communicate with God. Sometimes I feel like I'm really connected to God, like all the synapses are firing and we've got this incredible communication going on. And then there are times when I start off talking to Him and moments later my mind wanders to what I'm going to wear to work, or what projects I have on my agenda today. There are even times when I can't seem to get a connection at all.

It's not operator error. Or at least, not usually. There are times when unconfessed sin can keep me from connecting with God. But so many times it's Satan at work trying to keep us from communicating. He's hoping that frustration will set in and that I'll give up on trying to talk to God at all. Satan knows that, even if God and I are not always on the same page as far as agreeing, as long as we keep talking to each other, he can't get a word in edgewise.

So if you're feeling disconnected from God, examine your heart to see if there is unconfessed sin that is keeping you from Him. Realize that Satan's mission to "steal, kill and destroy" includes destroying the valuable communication that we have with our Father.

2 comments:

Donna G said...

Great thoughts. This speaks to where I have been lately. I know Satan gets after me, I am just dissappointed when I let him win sometimes.

Maybe this week will be better in blogland. I too was totally frustrated last week (or two).

Karen said...

Thanks for the thoughts... sometimes we just don't give Satan enough credit.