Friday, January 27, 2006

Choosing My Words

I'm still on the road to recovery from this sinus crud, feeling even better today. However, the crud seems to have wrapped itself squarely around my throat, and as a result I'm losing my voice. Yesterday, my voice was somewhat deep and throaty, quite sultry, in my humble opinion. Today, it sounds less sultry and more like an adolescent boy going through puberty. I fully expect that by the end of the day, I'll be barely squeaking out words.

So I'm doing my best to limit my talking. And you know what? That's hard to do! I don't realize how MUCH I talk throughout the day until I'm forced to not talk.

I know a few people who are extremely shy and who barely say a peep in public. Sometimes I envy them. They rarely have to deal with the embarrassment of having said the wrong thing! My sarcastic nature gets me into trouble sometimes. If only I could keep my trap closed a little while longer before I spoke, perhaps I wouldn't step on quite so many toes.

Since I'm trying to limit my talking today, I'll have to choose my words carefully. If only I would do that EVERY day!

4 comments:

Donna G said...

I think I have the same thing....from the crud to the foot in mouth disease....

I kept giving the phones dirty looks yesterday, but I had to answer them anyway...

Hope you feel better for the weekend!

Anonymous said...

No need to envy those who "barely say a peep in public". We are the ones who feel extremely isolated, alone, unappreciated, unloved and constantly over-looked.

Anonymous said...

the creeping crud absolutely sucks. i still don't have my voice back 100% after a month of fighting it.

Anonymous said...

I would have to whole heartedly agree with the anonymous comment above. I have felt all those things and more. There is a lot going on under the surface that others have no clue about and because we feel constantly over-looked, we feel like noone cares...about the good or the bad.

Please don't ever lose your sarcastic nature! That is what makes you...you. Yes, you may put your foot in your mouth at times, but there is nothing wrong with that as long as people know your heart.

I've got a small case of the crud and I'm trying to keep it from becoming a full blown case. I hope you are feeling better and that you have your voice back today!

Rhonda