Friday, September 03, 2010

Prescription for Today

For some reason I had trouble getting to sleep last night. I went to bed around 10:30, but it was well past 1 a.m. before I actually fell asleep. Not being able to sleep is such a frustrating experience. Had I known it would take me that long to count zzzs I would have done something productive like get up and do laundry.

This morning I'm paying for my lack of sleep, feeling bleary-eyed and rundown. On top of that, I woke up with some drainage and congestion, which I'm praying is just the onset of fall allergy season and not a cold or sinus crud. At any rate, I've definitely felt better.

In light of all this, today I'm clinging to this verse:

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak. (Isaiah 40:29)

And because God keeps His promises, I'm trusting Him to infuse me with some supernatural strength and power to keep me upright at my desk today. I'm pretty sure my boss would appreciate that.

No comments: