Monday, September 24, 2012

Living & Active Challenge: Week 2 Recap


It's hard to believe that two weeks are already complete in the Peak 313 Living and Active Challenge. Here's my recap for week 2.

Physical
Week 2 Goal: Exercise 6 days/week

What Actually Happened: Another good week of success on the workout front. I had boot camp Monday-Wednesday-Friday. I'd planned to run in my neighborhood on Tuesday using the Couch to 5K program but as soon as I walked out the door it started raining, so I did a workout with the Nike Training Club app instead. The weather was much better on Thursday so I was able to get my run in as planned. My biggest physical accomplishment of the week was walking 10 miles with my friends who are training for a half-marathon. The most we'd previously walked together was 7 miles so 10 was quite a difference! My feet and legs were sore afterward but I was glad we did it.

Eating Goal: Continue to use My Fitness Pal to track my meals; cut down on nighttime snacking (especially sweets)

What Actually Happened: Still using My Fitness Pal with great success. After eating dessert Monday night, I decided to limit desserts (other than fruit) to just the weekend and was able to do that last week. We'll see if I can keep that up this week...

Spiritual
This week's memory verse was an old favorite of mine, Matthew 6:34:"Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Once again I found the memory verse to be quite appropriate for my week, as I found myself getting stressed out over several different things, mainly work. Whenever I felt that sense of being overwhelmed creep up I tried to recite the verse to myself, and that definitely helped a lot.

Accountability
I was able to check in with my sister and my friend Elisabeth who are participating in the challenge. Having that accountability makes a HUGE difference and keeps me on my toes. 

Additionally, we had our boot camp post-evaluation on Friday. Compared to a month ago (when I had my last evaluation), I was down another 2 pounds and 4 1/2 inches. Considering that I'd eaten Mexican for lunch the day before and was expecting to be at my previous weight if not up a little, I was extremely proud to have posted a loss! And losing more inches, having to tighten my belts and seeing more muscle definition are all great motivators to keep on keepin' on.

3 comments:

Joyfulmom said...

Just stopping by from the Peak 313 challenge. You are doing an amazing job. Congrats on your progress thus far. Have a blessed week.

Larissa said...

Another visiter from the challenge here :)
You have done an amazing job this past week - congratulations on *all* you've achieved ... EspEcially the 2lb & 4.5in loss - that is AWESOME!!!
Keep focussed this coming week - I know you can do it ... after all, we've all got Our Father here rooting for our success!!! May God strengthen you this coming week during the times He knows you may struggle!!! Praying for your success, Larissa.

TracyE said...

Great job! I'm using MyFitness Pal also, it's a big help. Keep up the great work.....see you at Monday check in!